Thursday, January 6, 2011

Staying warm

While I was staying at the hospital with Katy, Yuki H. shared some of her good cooking with me and  gave me a good tip for keeping our house warm. She suggested that I put bubble wrap on the windows!

When I got home, I tried it.  Now, the room is much less drafty and there isn't so much water on the glass. It is a great idea. Yuki H. is very smart. Thank you!

If you are renting a place with single-pane glass, I recommend you try it. The bubble wrap was pretty cheap at the hardware store.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see you tried this out. We love how much this helps to keep our house warm, but now we can't see out the windows! We have to open the window just to look outside to see what the weather is like... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why don't you paint each circle with colorful markers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We could have felt-tip bubble-paper windows. It could be the next big thing for home design. Perhaps we could submit photos to one of those fancy designer magazines. What do you think?

    When Kai gets a little older, maybe he can help decorate.

    ReplyDelete